Niels van Gelder
Tel.: +31 (0)20 312 28 16
Handy: +31 (0)6 533 76 564
Niels is a partner in the employment law practice. He advises on various employment law matters, with a particular emphasis on individual and collective dismissals, reorganisations and post deal harmonisation of employment conditions, cross-border employment and employee participation issues (works councils).
- Assisting a US company in restructuring its Dutch operations, resulting in the dismissal of employees;
- Acting as an external legal counsel for one of the largest companies in Facility Management;
- Advising on the termination of a managing director, operating for various foreign intra-group companies, more in particular, advising on questions of applicable law, jurisdiction and severance;
- Assisting a US company in the Fashion Industry with relocating its operations and setting up a works council;
- Assisting a US multinational company regarding the employment law consequences of an intended restructuring of its Dutch operations.
Niels graduated in Dutch law at the University of Amsterdam (Master of Law) and subsequently studied at Cambridge University (LL.M.). Niels is a member of the Association of Employment Lawyers Amsterdam (VAAA) and the Association for Employment Law (VAA). Niels is fluent in Dutch and English. He jointly heads HEUSSEN’s Japan Desk.
AmsterdamHEUSSEN Advocaten & Notarissen
Oval Tower, 10e etage
1101 HE Amsterdam